Roger Taylor - Fun on Earth

Alle Themen, die kein spezielles Forum haben

Moderators: Breakthru, Andreas Streng

Dr_May

Roger Taylor - Fun on Earth

Post by Dr_May »

Ich denke, das Album hat nun nach Bekanntgabe des Titels einen eigenen Thread verdient.
Ich freu mich auf das Album und noch mehr Infos!
Follow that dream

02.10.2008 Mannheim * 04.10.2008 Hannover *07.10.2008 Rotterdam * 08.10.2008 Esch-sur-Alzette * 18.10.2008 Liverpool * 07.11.2008 o2 * 08.11.2008 Wembley
Andreas Streng
Webmaster

Re: Roger Taylor - Fun on Earth

Post by Andreas Streng »

Danke, steht in den News.

Bis dann
Andreas
Dr_May

Post by Dr_May »

Das aktuelle Foto von Roger auf Facebook sieht wirklich nach Fun on Earth aus :lol:
Follow that dream

02.10.2008 Mannheim * 04.10.2008 Hannover *07.10.2008 Rotterdam * 08.10.2008 Esch-sur-Alzette * 18.10.2008 Liverpool * 07.11.2008 o2 * 08.11.2008 Wembley
Andreas Streng
Webmaster

Post by Andreas Streng »

Ja, eindeutig ein sehr schönes Geschenk! Genial.

Bis dann
Andreas
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Es tut sich etwas...

Press Release: New Album 'Fun On Earth' & 'The Lot' Collection Released in October

ROGER TAYLOR - NEW ALBUM ‘FUN ON EARTH’ AND COMPLETE BACK CATALOGUE ‘THE LOT’ DUE FOR RELEASE IN OCTOBER

A MUST HAVE FOR ALL ROCK’N’ROLL FANS, ‘THE LOT’ IS A SPECIAL BOX SET SPANNING THE CAREER OF ONE OF BRITAIN’S MOST SUCCESSFUL ROCK STARS EVER

Roger Taylor, legendary rock icon and full-throttle drumming powerhouse, has confirmed the release of his fifth studio album ‘Fun On Earth’ in October alongside ‘The Lot’, the complete collection of his rich back catalogue of work spanning his solo career and material from The Cross, in stunning limited collectors editions and digital formats.

‘Fun on Earth’ is one of Taylor’s most exciting and accomplished pieces of work to date. Recorded at Priory Studios, Surrey, the 13 track album is a triumphant display of superior musicianship showcasing Taylor at his vocal best. ‘Say It’s Not True’ sees Taylor team up with Jeff Beck for the contemporary Queen favourite while the smooth refrains and heartfelt lyrics of ‘Woman You’re So Beautiful’ and ‘Be With You‘ come together with the powerful, reckless spirit of opening track ‘One Night Stand‘ and ‘I Am The Drummer (In A Rock n’ Roll Band)’ on what is an exhilarating, tour de force of rock music.

In an interview with Classic Rock Taylor says of the new album: "My first solo effort (in 1981) was called Fun in Space. Ive called this one Fun On Earth. I've come down to earth a bit, but there's still a bit of fun in there - some smiley tracks. It's been written over a five year period, so it's very eclectic. Some gentle stuff, some rockier stuff, and some fairly political stuff."

With a juggernaut career spanning six decades, Taylor was the beating heart of Queen penning landmark hits ‘Radio Ga Ga’, ‘A Kind of Magic’ and ‘Days of Our Lives’ while enjoying success across the globe with accomplished solo material which reached the heights of the UK charts. A true rock icon, ‘Fun on Earth’ proves that Taylor is still performing at the top of his game and with a body of work behind him that speaks for itself, ‘The Lot’ is a must-have collectors item for any discerning music lover.

Taylor has also been working with The Queen Extravaganza, the official Queen tribute band, who are coming to the UK for the first time this October. Having achieved resounding success in North America, the spectacular touring concert has already had to add more dates to its debut UK tour due to phenomenal demand. The show is designed to take the glorious music and live experience of Queen and bring it to a new generation of fans - full tour dates below.

Full details of ‘Fun on Earth’ and ‘The Lot’ including release date and tracklisting will be announced in the coming weeks.

Quelle: http://www.queenonline.com/en/news-arch ... n-october/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hier ein paar ganz interessante Ausschnitte aus einem aktuellen Interview:

CR: You also have a new solo album out soon
RT: It's been written over a five year period so it's very eclectic. Some gentle stuff, some rockier stuff, and some fairly political stuff.

CR: What's the title of your new album
RT: My first solo effort (in 1981) was called Fun In Space. I was reading a lot of science fiction at the time. So I've called this one Fun On Earth. I've come down to earth a bit, but there's still a bit of fun in there - some smiley tracks.

CR: Is it influenced by any modern music?
RT: The best band I've seen in a long time is Sigur Ros. I love that atmospheric, semi-ambient thing they have. They're magnificent melodically. And their show is magnificent too. I Saw them at the Academy in Brixtno.

CR: Also released in September is a collection of all the music you'e made outside of Queen - including your solo albums and your 80s side project band The Cross
RT: Yes. It's called The Lot. I said 'Let's have the lot in there', so I thought let's call it that.

CR: Is it all good stuff, or is there some rubbish in there too?
RT: Like anything there are some things you regret. But my last solo album, Electric Fire (1988 (sic)), still sounds great.

CR: What's the best song you wrote for Queen?
RT: Hard to say. I like Radio Ga Ga. It was a nice fusion of synthesizers and...what can I call it...epic pop.

CR: And the worst?
RT: There's a few. I hate Delilah (on Innuendo). That's just not me.

CR: What's next for Roger Taylor? A solo tour for your new album?
RT: I'm thinking about getting together some mates in a really hot band and getting out on the road. And if I did, I'd have my son Rufus Tiger Taylor playing drums. He plays with Queen when we tour. He plays percussion most of the time, and when I do anything out front he plays drums. He's Brian's favorite drummer I think!

queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by queenrocks »

Die brand neue Website http://www.rogertaylorofficial.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; von Roger Taylor geht bald online.
Here we are.
Born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe!

A.Q.F.C.V. - Austrian Queen Fan Club Vienna
www.austrianqueenfanclubvienna.at
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Hat eine gefühlte Ewigkeit gedauert, bis auch Roger Taylor offiziell im web vertreten ist. Es wird für mich überraschenderweise ein doch sehr ausgiebiges Queen-Jahr!
Dr_May

Post by Dr_May »

Endlich! Sehr vernünftige Entscheidung.
Vielleicht ist auf der neuen Seite ein Bereich für Tourtermine! :D
Follow that dream

Jazz
A Day At The Races
A Day At The Races

Post by Jazz »

Hallo!
Habe das hier im Netz gefunden. Ist das was offizielles? Wegen der Trackliste.

http://www.rogertaylor.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Der Großteil der Songs scheint ja doch schon in anderer Form und Version bekannt zu sein. SITT fand ich schon in der Liveversion mit Jeff Beck ziemlich genial, die Vorfreude auf's Album steigt!!!
queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by queenrocks »

Die neue langsamere Solo Version von "Woman You´re So Beautiful" von Roger Taylor wurde am 20.09.2013 von "BBC Radio 2" gespielt.
Here we are.
Born to be kings.

MARIUS
The Miracle
The Miracle

Post by MARIUS »

Hier kann man den Song ab 1h 7min hören:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b2vrf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by queenrocks »

Roger Taylor - Rhythm Magazine Interview: Freddie Biobic, Fun On Earth, Solo Tour
http://m.musicradar.com/news/drums/roge ... vie-585027" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here we are.
Born to be kings.

The Spick
Live At Wembley
Live At Wembley

Post by The Spick »

In UK erscheint das Album wohl am 28.10.2013. So steht es als Nachsatz unter dem Interview in der aktuellen Ausgabe des MOJO-Magazins. VÖ für Deutschland gemäß einiger Online-Versender ist 08.112013.

Tracklist (ohne Gewähr):

1. One Night Stand
2. Fight Club
3. Be With You
4. Quality Street
5. I Don't Care
6. Sunny Day
7. Be My Gal (My Brightest Spark)
8. I Am the Drummer (In a Rock N' Roll Band)
9. Small
10. Say It's Not True (Feat. Jeff Beck)
11. The Unblinking Eye (Everything Is Broken) (Abridged Version)
12. Up
13. Smile

und am 08.11. soll auch das Box-Set "The Lot" erscheinen. Angeblich mit 13(!) CDs. Bei Alben von Roger + The Cross komme ich nur auf 8. Blieben 5 für Raritäten, B-Seiten und Remixen. Ich würde mich sehr über eine CD mit den schwer zu findenden Colaborations freuen...

Yours truly

HRH Spick I. :smt029
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Ohne auf jedes Detail der Box eingehen zu wollen, kann ich nur sagen "Daumen hoch"! Lässt mich die Hoffnung auf eine prall gefüllte Queen Box (zu welchem Thema auch immer) nicht ganz aufgeben.

... ohne gesehen und gehört schon vorbestellt!

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.