Neues "Queen" Album 2014(?)

Alle Themen, die kein spezielles Forum haben

Moderators: Breakthru, Andreas Streng

MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Neues "Queen" Album 2014(?)

Post by MAYniac »

Wie in Brian Mays Interview nachzulesen, nun die offizielle Bestätigung des neuen Albums, das keines sein wird... zuminest keins im klassischen Sinn.

Wie schon öfter der Gerüchteküche zu entnehmen, wirds wohl eine Compilation aus "Balladen"... quasi das Pendant zu "Queen Rocks", was es irgenwo für mich wieder ganz interessant macht. Ein paar unveröffentlichte Songs ("There Must Be More To Life Than This" mit Michael Jackson und "Let Me In Your Heart Again" in der Queenversion, stehen dabei schon länger im Raum) sollen auch mit dabei sein. Das macht das Ganze nicht komplett unnötig! Beide Songs gibt´s als Demo sowie in einer alternativen, von Brian May für Anita Dobson produzierten Version, im Netz... so dass man sich (sollte es tatsächlich so sein) schon einmal ein grobes Bild verschaffen kann.

Auf´s ebenso bald anstehende neue Album von Roger Taylor bin ich da deutlich gespannter!

Mein Sammlerherz wird (angesichts einer hoffentlich ähnlichen Veröffentlichungsstrategie, wie bei Queen Rocks) schon etwas höher schlagen... warten wir also ab, was da kommt!
Last edited by MAYniac on 12.11.2013 19:20 Uhr, edited 1 time in total.
musicland munich
Queen II
Queen II

Re: Neues "Queen" Album 2013(?)

Post by musicland munich »

Oh, Gerüchte :D
Also reicht es wohl nicht für eine ganze Scheibe mit Titeln zusammen mit Michael Jackson ??? Da war doch mal was...oder ?
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Ja... es gibt drei bekannte Aufnahmen von Jackson und Mercury, die es wahrscheinlich nicht alle auf die Compilation schaffen werden. Die wird man höchstwahrscheinlich wohl dosiert auf zukünftige Veröffentlichungen verteilen.
musicland munich
Queen II
Queen II

Post by musicland munich »

Ja, das ist mir bekannt u.a. "State of shock" etc...und die Story mit Michaels Lama :roll:
Die Songs kann man als Demos bei Youtube finden. Das ganze Ausmaß der Sessions und deren Qualität kennen wohl nur die Beteiligten.
Rogers Album ist auch schon ewig in der Pipeline, man darf also gespannt sein.
Hotspace

Post by Hotspace »

Brian schreibt auf Twitter, dass er mit Roger an neuen Queen Songs arbeitet:
"@DrBrianMay: The things we are working on now, at high speed, all have Freddie's voice on them. It's fascinating. We will have some interesting items !"
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Auf Brian Mays website erschien ein Eintrag, in dem er bekannt gab, dass 2 Songs mit 2!!! großartigen Sängern fertig gestellt worden sind. Mercury / Jackson oder doch ein weiteres Duett? Ich hoffe immer noch auf "Take another piece of my heart" im Duett Mercury / Stewart!
queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by queenrocks »

Der Musikproduzent William Orbit bestätigte am 06.08.2013 in einem Interview auf BBC Radio 6 das eine von Brian May und Roger Taylor überarbeitete Queen + Michael Jackson Single zu Weihnachten 2013 veröffentlicht wird.
Here we are.
Born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe!

A.Q.F.C.V. - Austrian Queen Fan Club Vienna
www.austrianqueenfanclubvienna.at
queenrocks
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by queenrocks »

Interview at One Mayfair - Fredie For A Day 2013 event:

KEVIN HUGHES (iHEART RADIO): Brian - a very special night - Freddie's birthday - a big fund raising night - how are you feeling?

BRIAN MAY: Indeed. i - I feel good, yeah. You know it's always mixed feelings, you know, but celebrating Freddie's birthday is fine with me and I'm sure it's something he would be happy with you know, and it makes a great difference for the AIDS cause, doing it as well. We make tons of money, which helps people all around the world with AIDS. And yeah, it's good…. it generally goes very well, doesn't it. I think it's the third one we've had and, yeah, generally a very good feeling and it's great that people volunteer their services - Roger Daltrey doing it this year, and Tom from Keane, you know, and Mel C, so it's great. It's actually growing, I think, which is nice.

KEVIN: So many friends in the room as well, Anita, which must make it extra special.

ANITA DOBSON: It does and great to see how people have spent such time in their clothes. I mean, they look FANTASTIC!! Fred would have loved it. He would have loved it - and it's great that every year we celebrate that he was a wonderful human being and a great singer.

KEVIN: Do you love seeing the pictures around the world, Brian, of Freddie For A Day?

BRIAN: Yeah, it's nice fun, I think. It's a focus for the fans, you know. It's nice. I think we'd all love to be Queen, but you can't really do it (laughs) without Freddie, you know, so it's nice to do these kind of occasions, and you know I think it's a good feeling all round.

KEVIN: I know you've been a very busy man in the studio of late and the fans are very excited about what might be coming at the end of this year. What are you allowed to tell us, Brian?

BRIAN: Queenwise - well you know the funny thing is we did the Made In Heaven album and we thought we'd exhausted everything that was around that could be worked on, but since then a number of things have come to light from various sources that we just plain forgotten about, including the stuff with Freddie and Michael Jackson, and there's quite a few other things. so finally, just a couple of weeks ago, we thought, "Hmm, maybe we shouldn't be just doing odd bits and pieces. Maybe we should be heading towards an album." So it just might be. I don't want to say more definitely than that, but you know, we're sort of thinking Made In Heaven 2 in a sense, although it wouldn't be called that. But there is a lot. It's surprising how much has come to light and it gives you a chance to go back in there, you know, open the box again, and some of the magic may come out.

KEVIN: Exactly. We're all excited. You've spoken as well about the Michael Jackson record. It is coming, is that right? What can you tell us about the release? …

BRIAN: It all sounds great. The Michael Jackson stuff is complicated. I don't wanna say too much about it, but obviously we have to deal with Michael's estate as well as Freddie's estate, you know. We don't know when we'll get permission to put that stuff out. It needs everybody's permission before it can go.

KEVIN (indistinct) … voices on one record.

BRIAN: Yeah, it's nice. There's two, both really nice, and there might possibly be another one. S'funny how these things come, you know. You think "Oh no, there's nothing more" and then "Oh no, what's that then?", you know. And there's a track, well I don't wanna say too much, you know. A couple of things have come to light. There's something I've been working on last couple of weeks which I'm very excited about and I don't think anybody out there will remember this track. It was done in a completely sort of offshore kind of way and so we're doing it in a very different kind of way from the way it was put out at the time. So yeah - lots of good stuff. (laughs)

KEVIN: Good to see you, Brian. There was one news question, which is are you still loving the reaction to the campaign for the badger culling. Are you any update on where you are at…

BRIAN: Ah.. well. I love the reaction, yes, but it's a very very awful, tragic time, because you're not seeing it in the papers really - it's not really being reported. I don't know. You know I'm very aware that the papers and the media in general are very much gagged by the Government. I mean we're in a terrible situation and the Government are trying to bring more laws in to stop protesting and to stop, you know, free speech, and it's a very serious situation. So what's happening in the country is a blood bath. It's just too awful to go into details about. You know the badgers are suffering terribly. There are a lot of great people out there, totally peaceful, in a sense, making their point of view known, but also rescuing some of the wounded badgers that run away. It's a disaster. It is such a tragic disaster and it has to be stopped.

KEVIN: Anita, you're looking fabulous.

ANITA DOBSON: Thank you very much. Not bad for an old 'un. (laughs)

KEVIN: Whatever…… (laughter) Go on, it can be a bitter sweet night but I wish you both a very exciting … and obviously raise lots of money tonight.

ANITA: Thank you very much.

KEVIN: Thank you.

BRIAN: Thank you very much. Nice talking to you.

KEVIN: Thank you.

BRIAN MAY; Say "Hi" to Heart.

Brian and Anita were interviewed by Kevin Hughes of IHeart Radio.
Here we are.
Born to be kings.
We're the princes of the universe!

A.Q.F.C.V. - Austrian Queen Fan Club Vienna
www.austrianqueenfanclubvienna.at
runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Post by runner70 »

MAYniac wrote:Wie in Brian Mays Interview nachzulesen, nun die offizielle Bestätigung des neuen Albums, das keines sein wird... zuminest keins im klassischen Sinn.

Wie schon öfter der Gerüchteküche zu entnehmen, wirds wohl eine Compilation aus "Balladen"... quasi das Pendant zu "Queen Rocks", was es irgenwo für mich wieder ganz interessant macht. Ein paar unveröffentlichte Songs ("There Must Be More To Life Than This" mit Michael Jackson und "Let Me In Your Heart Again" in der Queenversion, stehen dabei schon länger im Raum) sollen auch mit dabei sein. Das macht das Ganze nicht komplett unnötig! Beide Songs gibt´s als Demo sowie in einer alternativen, von Brian May für Anita Dobson produzierten Version, im Netz... so dass man sich (sollte es tatsächlich so sein) schon einmal ein grobes Bild verschaffen kann.

Auf´s ebenso bald anstehende neue Album von Roger Taylor bin ich da deutlich gespannter!

Mein Sammlerherz wird (angesichts einer hoffentlich ähnlichen Veröffentlichungsstrategie, wie bei Queen Rocks) schon etwas höher schlagen... warten wir also ab, was da kommt!
Also in der Audiofassung bzw in der Soapbox Fassung les ich das anderes, dass sowohl eine Compilation kommt als auch ein REINES Queen Album mit neuen TRacks. Aber was sollte nicht schon alles rauskommen......
All that crap again???? (Freddie Mercury)
Kai Kurgan

Post by Kai Kurgan »

So hatte ich das auch verstanden, wie Du. Aber es stimmt: Abwarten und Earl Grey schlürfen... Bis es soweit kommt, fließt noch viel Wasser die Themse herunter.
I´m going slightly mad...
Queen Area
Dr_May

Post by Dr_May »

Wenn , dann wohl eher Sommer 2014

USA Today: Album eventuell Sommer 2014

A new Queen album is also on the table, after uncovering some of the band's old forgotten tapes (which include collaborations between Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury, the band's lead singer who died in 1991).

"The music is there and it's great, and I think people will really enjoy it," May says of the album, which is aiming for a summer 2014 release. "We keep finding more and more tapes, so we'll certainly be working on stuff that sounds like new Queen tracks in the next few months. It's exciting."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/musi ... u/2945773/
Follow that dream

02.10.2008 Mannheim * 04.10.2008 Hannover *07.10.2008 Rotterdam * 08.10.2008 Esch-sur-Alzette * 18.10.2008 Liverpool * 07.11.2008 o2 * 08.11.2008 Wembley
MAYniac
Made In Heaven
Made In Heaven

Post by MAYniac »

Ein weiteres sehr interessantes Interview. Die Compilation "Queen Forever" scheint (hoffentlich) vom Tisch zu sein. Irgenwie habe ich gar kein so schlechtes Gefühl...

... nicht unbedingt 2013 aber vielleicht schon nächstes Jahr!

CLASSIC ROCK

'Lost songs' unearthed - including duets featuring Michael Jackson.

BRIAN MAY HAS revealed that there will be another Queen album, which will feature previously unreleased recordings made by the band's late signer Freddie Mercury.

"I never thought this would happen," the guitarist tells Classic Rock. "But I think we have some very interesting material. It's very exciting."

With the project still in early stages of development. May is cagey about revealing details of which songs will appear on the album or even a release date. But he confirms that he and drummer Roger Taylor are currently sifting through a variety of 'lost' Queen tracks - including a number of duets featuring Mercury and Michael Jackson.

"The amount of stuff that's just washed up in the last few years is amazing," May says. "These tapes materialise from various places that had been forgotten. We knew they existed, but we hadn't paid much attention to them. But as soon as we actually researched and found all of these original tapes, we realised there was a lot more material than we had thought."

According to May, the new album will be created along similar lines to 1995's Made In Heaven, which found the surviving members of Queen completing tracks from demos that Mercury had recorded prior to his death in 1991.

"You're working with Freddie's voice, as we were with Made In Heaven," says May. "And yes, there are a lot of moments of emotional contact. Sometimes to can be hard. But you have to get past that. And after a while you do get over it and you're just working with great material. So it's worth doing."

May confirms that three duets featuring Mercury and Michael Jackson have been unearthed. There Must Be Moe To Life Than This, Victory and State Of Shock were recorded in 1983, reportedly as part of a bigger collaboration between the two singers that was eventually scuppered by their clashing schedules (although Jackson later re-recorded State Of Shock with Mick Jagger).

"We used to bump into Michael a lot on the road," says May. "He came to see Queen at Madison Square Garden and loved the production, so be 'borrowed' a few elements of our production for the Victory tour. He was quite up-front about it. You can hear there was a lot of fun being had on those songs."

Aside from the new album, May is working on other Queen-related projects. The long-awaited movie of Freddie Mercury's life is still going ahead, albeit now not with Sacha Baron Cohen, who was lined up to play the lead role. "Sacha is a very respected friend," May says, "but we came to the conclusion that it wasn't right in the end."

Drummer Roger Taylor recently said the band favoured Skyfall actor Ben Whishaw to take Baron Cohen's place. Taylor also told Classic Rock that he and May plan to perform as Queen again in the future - with or without singer Adam Lambert.

"I have reservations about calling it Queen, as you would imagine - it's something different," says May. "But Adam has a voice in a billion. Freddie would have loved it. And I'm not a person that plays guitar just to widdle. I like the guitar to be part of a creative process, making songs, and you need a singer to perform songs. We'll be looking at what the possibilities are in the future."

One casualty of this new-found activity is an anthology of lesser-known ballads compiled by May and Taylor over the past year, with the working title Queen Forever.

"That album exists in embryo," says May, "but I think we're going to shelve it. We're more interested int he material that hasn't been heard at all. That's something that's taken us over."
PE
Mercutio
The Game
The Game

Post by Mercutio »

Gibt es denn überhaupt noch unveröffentlichtes Material, mit dem man ein ganzes Album füllen könnte?

Also ganze 10 - 12 unveröffentlichte Queen-Songs in der Originalbesetzung?
runner70
Live At The Bowl
Live At The Bowl

Re: Neues "Queen" Album 2014(?)

Post by runner70 »

Glaube ja :) Auf die Jackson Tracks könnte ich aber dankend verzichten das passt Null.
All that crap again???? (Freddie Mercury)
Kai Kurgan

Re: Neues "Queen" Album 2014(?)

Post by Kai Kurgan »

Silver Salmon, Polar Bear, plus ein gutes Dutzend an Innuendo- und Miracle-Demos. Da schlummert noch einiges, was sich als "Gerüst" nutzen ließe - wenn sie es wie bei "Made in Heaven" anpacken wollen. Und so scheint es ja offenbar zu sein.
I´m going slightly mad...
Queen Area

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.