VÖ 19.01.2015 (UK)
Hier die offizielle englischsprachige Pressemitteilung von Eureka Entertainment über die Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition Veröffentlichung, in welcher auch die kolorierte Fassung mit dem Soundtrack, in welchem ein Freddie Song enthalten ist:
Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition
The Masters Of Cinema Series
Blu-ray Cat. No.| EKA70166
Blu-ray Barcode| 5060000701661
Blu-ray RRP| £29.99
Release Date| 19 Jan 2014
Run Time| 150 min.
OAR| 1.37:1 OAR
Picture| Black & White
Director| Fritz LANG
Language| German (Silent)
Subtitles| English SDH (Optional)
With its dizzying depiction of a futuristic cityscape and alluring female robot, Metropolis is among the most famous of all German films and the mother of sci-fi cinema (an influence on Blade Runner and Star Wars, among countless other films). Directed by the legendary Fritz Lang (M, Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse, The Big Heat, etc.), its jaw-dropping production values, iconic imagery, and modernist grandeur – it was described by Luis Buñuel as "a captivating symphony of movement" – remain as powerful as ever.
Drawing on – and defining – classic sci-fi themes, Metropolis depicts a dystopian future in which society is thoroughly divided in two: while anonymous workers conduct their endless drudgery below ground their rulers enjoy a decadent life of leisure and luxury. When Freder (Gustav Fröhlich) ventures into the depths in search of the beautiful Maria (Brigitte Helm in her debut role), plans of rebellion are revealed and a Mariareplica robot is programmed by mad inventor Rotwang (Rudolf Klein-Rogge) and master of Metropolis Joh Fredersen (Alfred Abel) to incite the workers into a self-destructive riot.
A "Holy Grail" among film finds, Metropolis is presented here in its reconstructed and restored version, as lavish and spectacular as ever thanks to the painstaking archival work of the Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung and the discovery of 25 minutes of footage until recently thought lost to the world. Lang's enduring epic can finally be seen as the director originally intended, and as seen by German cinema-goers in 1927.
- Opportunity in every SteelBook to win a unique bespoke Metropolis engraved solid gold bar
- 150-minute reconstructed and restored 2010 version (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
- Metropolis Refound - a 2010 documentary by Evangelina Loguerico exploring the rediscovery of the most complete print of the Fritz Lang masterpiece in an Argentinean film museum.
- Giorgio Moroder presents: Metropolis - the 1984 re-imaging of Metropolis featuring a soundtrack by Moroder himself and artists such as Adam Ant, Pat Benatar, Freddie Mercury and many more.
- The Fading Image – Documentary which goes behind the scenes of Giorgio Moroder’s restoration and scoring
- Pristine HD transfer (1080p on Blu-ray)
- 2010 symphony orchestra studio recording of the original
- 1927 Gottfried Huppertz score in 5.1
- Newly translated optional English subtitles as well as the original German intertitles
- Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
- Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film
- 2010 rerelease trailer
- 56-page booklet featuring archival interviews with Fritz Lang, a 1927 review by Luis Buñuel, articles by Jonathan Rosenbaum and Karen Naundorf, and restoration notes by Martin Koerber and more!
Eureka! Entertainment to release METROPOLIS Ultimate Collector’s Edition, Fritz Lang’s epic vision of a futuristic city will be available in a new Blu-ray SteelBook edition [Limited to 4000 copies worldwide] with additional extras, as part of their awardwinning The Masters of Cinema Series on 19 January 2015.
“a treat – it’s simply one of the greatest and most influential films ever made” – BBC2 NEWSNIGHT
“a cinematic miracle...just how Lang envisioned it” - DAZED & CONFUSED
“one more treasure brought up from Atlantis – all praise to the divers and archaeologists” - THE GUARDIAN
“in its new, old form, an unforgettable film ***** 5 STARS” THE IRISH TIMES
“a mammoth marvel...sit close to a big screen and submit to the machine ***** 5 STARS” TIME OUT (London)
“the starting point of so much modern cinema ***** 5 STARS” THE INDEPENDENT
“one of the biggest, strangest, maddest films in cinema history ***** 5 STARS” THE GUARDIAN
“an eternal masterpiece ***** 5 STARS” - THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
“the finished restoration is a thing of beauty ***** 5 STARS” - IRISH INDEPENDENT
“revolutionary, astounding and madly influential...a big-screen must-see” - THE IRISH TIMES
“a true masterpiece of early cinema” - THE INDEPENDENT
“the grandaddy of sci-fi movies” - THE GUARDIAN
Szenenfotos gibt es unter Promofotos Metropolis Ultimate Collector’s Edition.
METROPOLIS 2010 Re-release Trailer
Giorgio Moroder presents: METROPOLIS